The Center for Astronomy Education Teaching Excellence Workshops for Higher Education announces a series of educator workshops for astronomy educators. The goal of these workshops is to familiarize participants with research-validated active engagement teaching strategies and assessment materials, as well as how to implement them in their college courses. Participants will learn how to create productive learning environments, beginning with a brief review of research on the nature of teaching and learning. Participants will spend most of the workshop in the roles of student, instructor, and critical friend to practice implementing new strategies learned. Advanced levels are available for those who have participated in previous CAE workshops. To learn more and to register, visit http://bit.ly/rLp5cu.
- May 5 – Oceanside, Calif. – Regional Teaching Exchange on Implementing Lecture-Tutorials for Introductory Astronomy
- May 19-20 - Holly Springs, Miss. – Improving the General Education College-Level Introductory Astronomy and Space Science Courses Through Active Engagement: A Tier I (Introductory) Workshop
- June 2 - Seattle, Wash. – CAE Greater Northwest Regional Teaching Exchange on Introductory Astronomy and Space Science Courses
- June 9-10 - Anchorage, Alaska – Improving the College Introductory Courses Through Active Engagement: A Tier I (Introductory) Workshop (Fee)
- June 10 - Anchorage, Alaska – NASA CAE Tier II (Advanced) Special Topics Workshop: Using Technology in the Classroom (Fee)